Saturday, October 20, 2012

A Gray Day


The weather was horrible today, it rained almost all day, was foggy and cold. So, lacking the beautiful sun, I decided to create my own contrasting colors with a new color-select setting on my camera. I choose a color within my shot, and the rest of the colors within the shot are gray. In these two first pictures I chose the dark red leaves from our apple tree, which is now bare. The contrast against the green of the grass is pretty, but I think the images are more interesting with the red against the gray.





In this last shot I chose the yellow tree in our yard, I'm not sure what type of tree it is though. It was hard to capture the yellow very well, but you get an idea. The whole tree is colored the same as the bottom of the tree is in the picture. I was disappointed that the pine tree beside it did not turn out as gray as I had hoped, but at least I got out and took some pictures on this icky day!

A full-color shot for comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment