Saturday, November 17, 2012

A Tribute to Shel Silverstein

Shel Silverstein was an American poet and author of children's books, as well as illustrator, among other things. I grew up reading his books, and have been fascinated by them ever since. He gives such meaning to his poems, often hidden messages, life-lessons as it were. So, in honor of my favorite American poet, I give you a tribute to Shel Silverstein.

Backwards Bill
 Sometimes I feel like Backwards Bill, doing everything a little bit different from the rest of the population. But hey, it's all good!

 Great advice!

 I think all women feel this way sometimes, we just need to be told how wonderful we are...as long as it's the truth!


Such great advice in this day and age, where we're practically force-fed thoughts, ideas, and ideologies.

Imagine being happy all the time...Here's a quote from Butters from South Park to make you feel better:
"Well yeah, and I'm sad, but at the same time I'm really happy that something could make me feel that sad. It's like, it makes me feel alive, you know? It makes me feel human. And the only way I could feel this sad now is if I felt somethin' really good before. So I have to take the bad with the good, so I guess what I'm feelin' is like a, beautiful sadness. I guess that sounds stupid."





"How much love inside a friend? Depends how much you give 'em."


Wouldn't that be wonderful, just take all your stress and worries from the day and remove it from your head for someone else to worry about?

No comments:

Post a Comment